Terms of Service
Welcome to Englop!
Englop provides products and services to enable people to improve their proficiency in English. These Terms govern your use of Englop, including Englop English Community, Membership, Courses, and the other products, features and services, that we offer (the Englop Products or Products), except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply. These Products are provided to you by Englop, S.A.
We charge you to use Englop and the products and services covered by these Terms at the rate advertised at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time and to offer or retract time-limited promotional prices. The price you pay will be the price available at the time of your purchase. No refunds will be made if promotional prices become available subsequently. All payments are in US $.
We don’t sell your personal data to advertisers, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with advertisers. Our Data Policy explains how we collect and use your personal data.
- The services we provide
Our mission is to give people the power to use natural-style English, developing both confidence and proficiency, particularly in listening to and speaking English. To help advance this mission, we provide to you the products and services described below:
1.1 Englop English Community
Our community of English learners is here to support you, providing you with a ‘safe’ environment filled with positivity, where you can try out, or show off your English. The ‘Show Off Here’ section of our site is where you can post videos you are proud of, of you using your English, to show how far you have come. The ‘Ask The Community’ section is where you can ask the community for information, advice, or feedback to help you develop.
By agreeing to these Terms, you agree that you take full responsibility for the content of your posts and will follow our Community Guidelines. Englop reserves the right to delete any posts not adhering to these Guidelines and remove any members repeatedly found to breach these Guidelines.
The Englop English Community is available only to Englop Members, for the duration of the membership paid for.
- Englop Membership
Englop Membership provides Members with the following Membership Benefits:
- LIVE webinars 2x a month with a native speaker. Once a month calls will be with a Native Speaker with an American accent, and once a month they will be with a Native Speaker with a British accent.
- Access to the Englop Community where you can share videos, comment or chat with other members, and ask questions.
- Access to exclusive videos and audio content to help you build vocabulary and improve pronunciation.
- Weekly Englop English Challenges
- Discounts on all existing and future Englop courses for as long as you remain a Member.
Englop reserves the right to add or remove Membership Benefits at any time, both to existing and future Memberships. Members will be notified in writing in advance of any changes to their existing Membership.
Membership of Englop is available for purchase on a monthly or annual basis. No free trials are available. No refunds will be given for Members who choose to stop using Englop before the end of their Membership Period.
1.3 Englop Courses
Englop Courses are designed to empower you in your use of English. You will be given hints, tips, techniques and ‘cheats’ to help you understand and use natural-style English. Englop Courses are developed exclusively by the Englop team, based on a communicative methodology and centered around the premise that learning should be both fun and meaningful.
All courses will be sold at the rate advertised at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time and to offer or retract time-limited promotional prices. The price you pay will be the price available at the time of your purchase. No refunds will be made if promotional prices become available subsequently.
- Your commitments to Englop
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
2.1 Who can use Englop
Englop is broadly available to anyone over the age of 18 who wishes to improve their confidence and proficiency in English. However, you cannot use Englop if:
- You are under 18 years old.
- We've previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
To use Englop, you must:
- agree to our terms and conditions, including paying the appropriate price for our services;
- provide accurate information about yourself;
- use Englop only for personal purposes; and
- not share your password, give access to Englop to others, or transfer Englop content or products to anyone else (without our permission).
- What you can share and do on Englop English Community
We want people to use Englop English Community to express themselves in English and to share content, comments, questions and constructive criticism, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards or other Terms and Policies that apply to your use of Englop.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or breaches someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content that is in breach of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared for breach of our Community Standards, we'll let you know and explain any options that you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly breach these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe breaches your rights (including Intellectual Property Rights) or our Terms and Policies.
2.3 The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content that you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things such as copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create yourself and share on Englop. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services, we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license') to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a video on the Englop English Community, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others on the Englop site, or in the marketing of Englop products and services.
- Permission to use your name, image, posts and information about your interactions with Englop in Englop marketing materials: You give us permission to use your name, image, posts and information about your interactions with Englop in any marketing materials that we create, without any compensation to you. We can continue to use this even after you are no longer a Member.
2.4 Limits on using our intellectual property
All images, logos, voice notes, courses, modules, text and videos created by Englop and displayed on the Englop website remain our intellectual property right. We retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only copy or use our content other than for the purpose of your own personal learning with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
3. Additional Provisions
3.1 Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take due account of your interests.
We will notify you (for example, by email or through our Products) at least 30 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect, unless the changes are required by law. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be part of the Englop community, you can delete your account at any time.
3.2 Account suspension or termination
We want Englop to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their learning progress and areas of difficulty.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Where we take such action, we'll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 2.3, 2.4, 3.2-3.5.
3.3 Limits on liability
Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence, or to affect your statutory rights.
We will exercise professional diligence in providing our Products and services to you and in keeping a safe, secure and error-free environment. Provided that we have acted with professional diligence, we do not accept responsibility for losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses that are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; and events beyond our reasonable control.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
Any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Englop Products ("claim") must be resolved in a competent court in Turks and Caicos and that Turks and Caicos law will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and Englop, S.A. regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Products that we offer are also governed by supplemental Terms. If you use any of these Products, you will be provided with an opportunity to agree to supplemental terms that will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Englop English Community, you must agree to our Community Guidance. To the extent that any supplemental Terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental Terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Date of last revision: 28 August 2020